Kybella is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment for the removal of submental fat – a double chin. Kybella is composed of a synthetically produced deoxycholic acid, a compound naturally produced by the liver to break down fat. You can now melt away your double chin without liposuction or surgical procedures, just a series of simple injections!
Kybella was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2015 as a treatment for adults with moderate-to-severe fat below the chin, known as submental fat. For our Kybella patients, a series of simple injections in Rancho Cucamonga can quickly produce a more youthful profile.
Unlike other injectable treatments, such as dermal fillers or Botox, the results from Kybella are permanent. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella will permanently dissolve your double chin with no need for any anesthesia.
Most Kybella patients will typically require 2 to 3 treatments, with 15 to 20 injections, according to the custom plan developed for you by Dr. Vidor.
After your Kybella treatment, you should expect some swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness and firmness in the injection site. This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. You may have slight swelling of the area for up to a month.
- You can apply ice in the first 48 hours to help with the swelling and discomfort. It is important to not place ice directly on the skin.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 3 days after your treatment.
- Sleep with your head elevated for 3 nights after your treatment to help minimize swelling.
- Do not scratch, pick at, massage or manipulate the treatment area.
- You may apply your normal skin care regimen to the area, including cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen etc.
To find out if Kybella treatment is right for you, contact Inland Aesthetic Institute at 909-344-3672 or website to schedule a consultation with Dr. Vidor.